Wednesday, October 3

Day 3: controlled typography {31 days of watercolor}

I have a slight obsession with typography. I have always been drawn to letters... and then my graphic design classes in college cemented the love :) So today I decided to do a little letter work with some watercolor.

I divided and cut up my paper first cause these are pretty large pieces to begin with and I didn't want to waste a huge piece... but that's up to you and your paper size

Using a more controlled method of watercolor I went wet onto dry paper. 
Yesterday I was thinking about a tragic event that happened to a sweet girl in my home town. I didn't know her, but the sad situation {which i will not go into} was on my heart.

I'm learning to really enjoy watercolor because of it's versatility. You can either harness it and use a little water with a little paint and tell it what to do on dry paper.... or you can free it up like I did yesterday and let it run wild.

Then I went more graphic with some text... I wrote out Cakey & Bubs in pencil and then had fun coloring it it with paint

After it dried ~and make sure it dries~ I went back over it with my all time favorite Pilot Precise pen...



I love this!! 

 Cheers to another day of painting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the rainbow letters are my favourite x