Thursday, October 18

Day 18: a 30 minute challenge {31 days of watercolor}

*if you're new to my 31 day series on watercolor click here to see all posts from the beginning*


today i went outside on the front porch with the camera... 
took a few pictures and decided to give myself a 30 minute challenge.

ya see, when working on the heart from yesterday i kept going back in and working more into it... which, i'm glad i did because i love the way it ended up. but it got me thinking about how many endless hours i could put into one piece if i let myself.

sometimes {not always} we need to put our foot down,
give ourselves a stopping point, 
appreciate that what's there is beautifully imperfect
and move on.

it's a good exercise anyway :)


so, today my thirty minute challenge was to paint this photo...


a pretty good challenge if i do say so myself... lots going on!
{my kids love to put rocks on the railing :)}


i mapped it out and then started the timer...


this is what was left at 35.7 minutes :) 

i could have kept going for another 30 minutes, but would have most definitely overworked the background... which is the part i ended up loving the most!


so please just try and ignore the elephant, i mean rock, in the foreground.

thanks for checking in today!!
xoxo

1 comment:

Nancy Jennings said...

awesome!! you are so talented...I think I say that every post, but You just amaze me each time!